MICHELIN Multi-Life is the result of a comprehensive approach starting from tire conception and design, and integrated at every stage of manufacturing and testing process. MICHELIN Multi-Life Tires and Services provide you the highest standards of reliability at every stage of tire life, new, regroove and retread.
• A MICHELIN retread on a MICHELIN casing can deliver up to 90% of new tire performance at a fraction of the cost.
• MICHELIN Retreading provides technical expertise to re-manufacture your casing to compliment your Multi-Life strategy.
• A variety of MICHELIN tread designs* adds flexibility to your tire management program.*
• More Mileage: save 1 tire every 4 ! Regrooving is carried out at a time when the original tread depth has 3 to 4 mm remaining and the tire is normally removed.
Regrooving restores tread depth thus providing up to 25% more kilometers.
• More Safety through grip regeneration
Regrooving significantly renews the grip of the tire through the regeneration of the groove up to 4 mm beyond the original bottom of the groove.
• Less Fuel Consumption and less CO2 emissions
Regrooving is carried out in the phase when the tire has the lowest rolling resistance due to higher rigidity of the shallow tread pattern and Low Rolling Resistance means Increased Fuel Efficiency.
• Less Raw Materials Consumption to preserve the environment
By adding only 5% additional rubber volume when the tire is new, a Michelin Regroovable tire will add up to 25% more kilometers which creates a 16% reduction in raw materials when compared to non-regroovable tires.